Whether you’re a mom, an online entrepreneur, have a corporate job, are single or married, or…let’s face it, a WOMAN, we don’t make ourselves a priority. We put everyone else’s needs and, yes, wants before our own. We very rarely, if ever, practice self-care. And then what happens…you know all too well…we are depleted, exhausted, and maybe even grumpy.
On the rare occasion when we DO finally make time to do something for ourselves, even if it’s small, often times, we feel amazing! And when we feel amazing, we also feel empowered and we show up as a better version of ourselves for those around us.
Today, I’m pleased to feature Nic Makim as our guest blogger. Below, she gives us some simple and useful tips to help us feel our fabulous best! Thanks for joining us, Nic!
Empowering ourselves and others requires a commitment to our own health, happiness, and well-being. Once we start to feel our best, an internal empowerment transpires.
How are you feeling? Like, really feeling? Feeling good, doesn’t really cut it for me. I’m trying to feel fantastic, daily. I know how short life can be and I’m here to live every moment as if it were gold.
I hope you find inspiration and motivation from a few of my wellness tips that help keep me grounded, balanced, and empowered within.
Tips for Feeling Your Best
1. Mentally and physically cleanse to create the space within and really soak up the goodness of your family and achievements. I find a cleansing nutrition program is fantastic for cleansing my body, work, desk, and mind.
2. Balance – work, life, diet, wellbeing, exercise, friends. I love yoga for feeling grounded and balanced.
3. Inspire, create, and empower yourself daily.
4. Regularly throughout the day, practice diaphragmatic breathing.
5. Exercise to allow your body to do what it loves doing – moving.
6. Get involved and properly play with your kids on their level.
7. Drop all expectations and judgment of yourself and others.
8. Tune in and be grateful for something every day.
9. Load up on green salads, veggies, healthy fats, and good quality protein to nourish your body.
10. Surround yourself with people who uplift, support, and empower you to live to your truest and fullest potential.
I’m a believer that anything is possible. I’m a doer and eternal optimist. I choose happiness and a positive outlook. I fill my life with good people, good food, and good work.
Nic Makim is a nutritionist with a thriving online foodie business of which she sees clients globally for nutrition programs and coaching. Nic believes in an all-inclusive approach to nutrition, working towards an authentic life-long positive attitude of eating well and moving mindfully.
Chatting and empowering others to nourish their body to feel their best is what she loves doing! Simply drop her an email to see how she can help you!
And follow Nic on social media…
Google+: Nic Makim Nutrition
Be your best…for you and those you love.
I hope you enjoyed these healthy tips from Nic. Implement one each week and evaluate how you feel.
I’d be interested to hear your experience once you’ve had a chance to try a few. Drop me a comment below and let me know. I’d love your feedback on Nic’s blog as well.
To connect with incredible, supportive, like-minded new female entrepreneurs transitioning from corporate jobs to online coaching businesses, come join my Facebook group, Emerging Empowered Entrepreneurs: Leave Your 9-5 and Thrive as a Coach.